What will I find here?
This section considers:
- the importance of diet before becoming pregnant
- the nutritional requirements of the mother and foetus and meeting
these through sensible eating
- the relative merits of breast and bottle feeding
- ideas for weaning
- food safety issues specific to pregnant women and babies
- common difficulties and complaints during pregnancy
- useful advice on supplement intake during pregnancy and lactation
- functions of vitamins, minerals and herbs, safe amounts and toxicity
- pointing you in the right direction for finding the best products.
- common psychological problems including post natal depression
- self-diagnosis procedures to help you test your health
- staying fit throughout the nine months of your pregnancy and beyond
- tips to help you regain your shape and weight after the new arrival